Asian Barbecue Chicken Wings
Nothing better than hot juicy chicken wings in the summer. This is one of my favorite recipes because it is very easy to make. I made this with pork belly barbecue and short ribs barbecue. The recipe is quite simple with a lot of optional ingredients. Even if you just use the gochujang and the char siu marinade, this recipe is still good. I first discovered this when my friend had an indoor bbq in his apartment. I thought I would try combining these two marinade and see what happens. Everyone did like it. After that, I started using this recipe all the time.
This recipe is a little bit sweet. If you do not like your wings to be sweet then this recipe is not for you. This recipe is great for parties, camping, hanging out or any type of gathering you can think of. It is easy and taste good. You do not need to marinade the wings for a long time as well. That is also optional.
Unfortunately, there is a drawback to this recipe. You have to use the exact brand for the char siu and gochujang. I tried other brands and they did not taste the same. Some made the chicken wings very spicy. There are definitely a lot of people who do not like their food to be spicy. If you use other brands, you may not like the wings that come out with it.
I put in the dipping sauce but that is mostly for Filipinos. You can try it also but the wings should be good with or without the dipping sauce.
Asian Barbecue Chicken Wings Recipe
Serves: 6-8 people | Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinade time| Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 12 pieces chicken wings
- 1 bottle gochujang (tangy) 10 oz
- 1 bottle char siu marinade 14 oz
- 5 gloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 chopped long green pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- Combine gokuchang, char siu marinade, garlic, cayenne pepper (optional), long green pepper (optional), sesame oil (optional), into one big container.
- Marinade the chicken wings and place it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (optional). If you do not wish to refrigerate the wings and let the flavor sink in, you need to baste the wings often with the marinade.
- Grill the chicken wings and use the marinade to baste it once in a while.
* Some of the links are amazon affiliate links which help pay for the ingredients 🙂