Barbecue Short Ribs
I needed a recipe to take into camping. A recipe that is quick and does not take a lot of time. A recipe that is portable also. I was looking for a recipe that taste like the kalbi that we eat in an all you can eat korean restaurant. When I went camping, I just brought vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and put the short ribs in the cooler. I had to make sure the short ribs were frozen before I put them in the cooler though. This is a simple recipe and it taste good.
I failed at the picture taking of this one. The short ribs that I buy are often the thin ones because they are easy to cook in an indoor grill. They are easy to eat also. They are very similar to the kalbi that we eat in a korean restaurant. Unfortunately, thin short ribs taste very good but they do not look good when photographed. They are not photogenic. I really tried though. Even it does not look appetizing, it still taste good. I will try to redo this again.
The recipe has a lot of ingredients but they are optional. They do add flavor to the recipe but you do not need to have them. Vinegar, soy sauce and brown sugar will still be a good marinade. You will have to get the right brand of vinegar and soy sauce though. Lastly, I buy them at a local Asian grocery store. They are a lot cheaper than the ones I buy online. So if you have time, buy them at an Asian grocery store or Filipino store. Vinegar dipping sauce is also optional but I love vinegar dipping sauce in my bbq.
Barbecue Short Ribs Recipe
- 2 lbs. short ribs
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of onion chopped (optional)
- 5 gloves of garlic crushed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 chopped long green pepper or thai chili pepper (optional)
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, onion (optional), garlic (optional), cayenne pepper (optional), long green pepper (optional) into one big container.
- Marinade the short ribs and place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours. You don’t have to marinate long also. You can grill this after 30 minutes or 1 hour.
- Grill the short ribs and use the marinade to baste it once in a while.
* Some of the links are amazon affiliate links which help pay for the ingredients 🙂