Some Of The Best Hiking Hats You Need To Consider
The sun’s rays can definitely do a lot of damage to our skin. I often urge people to wear a hiking hat as this will protect their skin from the harmful rays of the sun. You have a wide choice of hats to choose from and the style is all up to you. It is also important to wear a hat when it is cold. A simple cap can help our head and body feel very warm.
You can just scroll down below to see various amazing outdoor hats. These items are a few of the very best that I know of that can protect the head from the harmful rays of the sun. These items have a lot of positive customer testimonials which should be a superb indication on how good the hats are. If you find a superb and reliable head gear, you will recommend them to everybody also. One of the things I know is that you are going to be happy with your order simply because I did a great deal of research and tested the products I outlined thoroughly.
Click on the IMAGE to see customer reviews, feedback from buyers and for more details.
||Best Hiking Hats
|1. Tilley Endurables LTM6 Airflo Hat
The sun can wreak havoc on your skin. You can get various skin conditions due to the ultra violet rays. It can be from something mild like sunburn to something life threatening like cancer. This Tilley sun hat comes with a UPF 50+ sun protection rating. This blocks the sun’s rays well. It is comfortable, stylish and it looks great. This hat is also breathable which means that your sweat will evaporate instead of being locked in the hat. You can avoid embarrassing smell coming out of your head and not turn off your hiking companions. This is hand-sewn and all seams are lock-stitched so they won’t unravel. It also comes with a secret pocket that I often use to put some money. What I really like is that this hat looks great. It is very cool looking hat. Almost movie star like.
- Protect your skin from various skin diseases with this sun hat
- The hat is very durable since it is hand sewn and all seams are lock-stitched so they don’t unravel.
- UPF 50+ sun protection rating
- Breathable. Deter that funky smell that gets stuck inside the hat and coming out of your head by letting your sweat evaporate.
- Constructed from water and mildew resistant from 100 percent supplex nylon Tilley Nylamtium
- This is very stylish and looks great. Lots of people looks great with this including me.
|2. Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
Skin cancer and other skin conditions can happen with prolong exposure to UV rays. Skin conditions can cause us lots of money due to hospital bills, medications and help that we will need. A simple way to prevent our health from deteriorating is by using clothing that blocks UV radiation. This has UPF 30+ which blocks the sun’s rays pretty well. It has a skirt to protect your neck and you can remove the skirt also to make it a normal baseball cap. It makes me look cute and protects my skin. This is great for hiking and running. I have the peace of mind to know that my skin is protected all the time while knowing this makes me look more handsome as well. This is very unique, very versatile and has qualities that I cannot find in any other brands. I am just happy this hat is available.
- Comes in different colors, very versatile, unique, and has lots of qualities not found anywhere else
- It protects my skin, keeps me healthy, and helps me look good
- This hiking cap is breathable which allows my head to stay cool even when it is very hot
- This allows sweat to evaporate easily allowing my head to smell good all the time
- This protects the skin from harmful UV radiation with UPF 30+
- Fits well, very comfortable, and it makes me look handsome hahaha
||3. Columbia Bora Bora Booney II Sun Hats
This particular hiking hat is very beautiful and it has a great deal of positive reviews. Columbia is one of the leading companies when it comes to outdoor and hiking apparels. This outdoor hat is just amazing. It offers a UPF 50 that is very good at protecting our skin or head from the sun. This outdoor hat exceeded my expectations. I have been using this all the time. So far I must say that I am very impressed! The company did a fantastic job at creating this item due to the fact it is stunning and works well.
- Omni-Shade UPF 50 sun protection
- Omni-wick sweatband and mesh
- Quick-dry properties mean that even if this hat takes a dunk with you, it’ll be dry in no time
- An Omni-Wick™ sweatband combines with a mesh vent panel (which is non UPF) to keep you cool and the sweat from dripping in your eyes
- Featuring UPF 50 to block out 98% of harmful UVA and UVB rays and carrying the Skin Cancer Foundation’s seal of recommendation
||4. Outdoor Research Sombriolet Sun Hat
I can safely express that this is an incredibly good hiking hat. Outdoor research is one of the leading companies when it comes to creating outdoor hats and outdoor gear. This item is very sturdy and made out of high quality materials. Modern design put together with durable materials made Outdoor Research Sombriolet Sun Hat, an extremely good item. One of the best sun hats that you can get and it is very affordable as well. The materials are very high quality and provide lots of protection against the sun. It also offers ventilation so that sweat can be released and not trapped in.
- 86% nylon/14% polyester ripstop crown/Supplex® 100% nylon under brim
- Foam Stiffened Brim Floats
- Lightweight, protective hat for use in intense sun, heat, and humidity
- SolarShield construction offers UPF 50+ sun protection
- Vents and mesh lining in crown for cooling and moisture management
||5. Under Armour Men’s Shadow Run Cap
This is an impressive hiking cap that I have grown to really like so much. Under Armour is one of the leading companies today when it comes to providing lots of functionality to their clothing line. This is a great cap and it looks great on a lot of people. It is very stylish and very simple at the same time. This is just what I was trying to find and it does what it claims to do. One of the best outdoor hats I have ever used and increased my standards on head gear overall. This is one of the finest items I have ever seen.
- Unstructured fit conforms to your head for lower profile
- Built-in HeatGear sweatband wicks away sweat to keep you cool & dry
- Style is both useful and lovely
- Mesh ventilation on the sides
||Website’s Analysis – Reasons We Selected These
||6. Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat
You need to look at this outdoor hat before this is sold out. Sunday Afternoons is one of the best at creating affordable and high quality sun hats. This comes with a UPF 50+ sun protection rating which is great at protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. . I have read several great evaluations or consumer reviews about this item and it is incredibly affordable. It is made out of Nylon and Polyester. It features superb ventilation as well as UPF resistance. The hat is very stylish and it is used by adventurers and people who love outdoors all around the world.
- Every inch of this hat is engineered for functional sun protection: smart fabrics, customizable sizing, patented details, and a sun-conscious design
- UPF 50+ Resistant
- 100% Nylon; Mesh Ventilation 100% Polyester
- Strategic mesh ventilation
- Water repellent/stain resistant
||7. Coolibar UPF 50+ Men’s Crushable Ventilated Hat
We are always looking for a few very good hiking hats like this one. The positive reviews that this item has are fantastic and you will get valuable info just by reading through them. This looks great. One of the best that I have ever tried. It comes with a ventilated mesh to make sure that the sweat on your head does not accumulate. This is a great way to smell good all the time. This is an extremely great item for the reason that it has a lot of features and works well. If I take into consideration the functionality, cost and sturdiness of this item, then I can safely say that this is one of the best hats out there. Anyone looking for a high quality and well-designed outdoor hat that can protect the head from the harmful rays of the sun, then look no further.
- Brim for great UV protection, mesh ventilated crown for comfort and internal elastic band for a snug fit
- Adjustable chin cord holds hat in place, even in windy conditions; Travel-friendly, crushable and packable
- Crushable Ventilated Canvas Hat offers fedora-inspired styling and, like all our men’s sun hats, sun-smart features galore.
|8. Dorfman-Pacific Weathered Cotton Outback Hat With Chin Cord
This versatile outdoor hat is incredibly affordable and it works nicely also. If you are searching for some wonderful hats for camping, hiking or backpacking which has lots of customer reviews then this is a good choice. It is very unique for an outdoor hat but it looks very good and very stylish. A lot of people use it for other outdoor events. This outdoor hat is of good quality and is meeting my needs. This has a lot of positive customer ratings which should be enough to allow people to make an informed decision. A lot of people also submitted pictures of the hat and how well it looks.
- Leather chin cord with bead toggle
- Weathered hat featuring contoured crown with ventilating ports, leather band, and shapeable brim
- UPF 50+
- Weathered cotton vintage Outback with it’s UPF 50+ rating is just the right hat for your next jungle safari
||9. Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Ball Cap II
Another amazing hiking cap from Columbia. I love collecting caps and Columbia makes a lot of great caps. The structure is remarkable which explains why I like this item. I must admit this surpassed all of my expectations from the very start. I’m incredibly pleased with this item. I acquired two because I like it a lot. I gave the other one to a friend of mine and he loved it as well. This is a versatile hat that is great for hiking, camping, backpacking, running, jogging, walking and any outdoo events or activities. Nothing much else to say other than another great product from a great company.
- Omni-shade upf 30 sun protection
- Omni-shield advanced repellency
- Adjustable^Hook and Loop closure
- Laser cut venting
||10. Arcteryx Motus Hat
This is a very unique and stylish outdoor hat. Arcteryx is becoming one of my most favorite brands when it comes to outdoor gear. I am always in search of a good head wear. This is incredibly effective, and I am very satisfied. An exceptional design normally have many praises because of versatility and attractiveness. This has a great and stylish design. It looks a lot better than most caps out there. I highly recommend this one. The only drawback is the money or price tag. But if you do not mind spending a little bit more for beauty and uniqueness then I suggest getting this one.
- Reflective blade on the centre back increases visibility in low light situations
- Moisture wicking
- Phasic SL (70% polyester| 30% polypropylene)
||Site’s Evaluation – Reasons We Chose These
||11. The Friendly Swede Sporty Outdoor Boonie Fishing Hat
If you are searching for an outstanding hiking hat then check this out. If you look at this sun hat very closely, you will notice clearly that this is an extremely durable item. People love it for its toughness and style. This can protect the skin from the sun and it is incredibly affordable. I have made a decision to try this outdoor gear after getting several high recommendations from people I know. It is a pair which makes it even cheaper if you are buying for two people. This hat is certainly worth obtaining as it can protect the skin from the sun incredibly well and it is very stylish also. This is one of the best products I know of and I am certain you will be satisfied.
- The material of the hat is soft and will conform slightly to the shape of your head.
- 2 hats in one pack is a true value
- In addition to the drawstring straps, there is also a mesh panel that allows air flow for ventilation and will aid to keep you cool. All of this, plus a cotton panel on the inside of the hat will absorb any excess perspiration
- The adjustable chin strap will ensure to keep the hat in place.
- Bonus feature includes a snap button on each side of the hat so you can decide if you want to wear the brim up or down.
||12. Coolibar UPF 50+ Men’s Shapeable Boating Hat
This hiking hat is one of best that I know of. This has a great deal of capabilities and it is also incredibly easy to use. It can protect the skin from harmful UV rays. It has 50+ UPF protection. Coolibar is one of the best companies when it comes to sun hats. This is remarkable and it is wonderful when you don’t have to replace an item for a long time. I pretty much got what I paid for, and the shipping was quick. Very little else to say about a simple item. Satisfied shopper here! It does the job it is supposed to do so I am a happy customer. This works well and it has an unbeatable price with a lot of customer reviews.
- Durable, packable and ultra lightweight lite SUNTECT® fabric
- Removable neck drape for flexible protection and extended neck drape wraps around and attaches at the front for extra face protection
- UPF 50+
- Sun Protective lite SUNTECT Polyester
||13. Juniper Casual Outdoor Cap
I am certain that this is an incredible hiking cap that you will ever find in the Internet. It is a baseball hat but it is also breathable. Excellent if your head sweats a lot. If there is one thing I really like about this item, it is undoubtedly the price tag. The purchase price is tremendously low and the functionalities are incredibly high. This is an exceptionally wonderful hat for the money. This is a great item. It truly is incredible that it can protect the skin and neck from the sun very easily. It is so difficult to acquire a functional item sometimes. It is a positive thing I found this and I can recommend it to a lot of people. I really like this item very much, which is why I am recommending it. The cheap price tag is a very good thing also.
- Self-Fabric Strap with Velcro Adjustable
- Superb design
- UV Protection & Water Repellent
- Moisture Wicking Sweatband
||14. Henschel 5310 Packable Mesh Breezer Hat
Just by going through the positive customer reviews, I know that this parituclar outdoor hat is extraordinary. I am very sure this hat is extremely well-built simply because of the materials that are used to create it. We don’t want to spend a whole lot of money on outdoor hats sometimes. This looks great, lots of capabilities and very affordable. I wasn’t sure whether this product was overrated and all just hype. But now that I’ve tried it, I have to say that this definitely extremely good. It’s hard to believe that people can get excited over a otudoor hat however I was pleasantly surprised I was impatiently waiting mine. I would not worry if you are thinking that the price is going to be high. This is very budget friendly.
- Material is polycotton with mesh siding for ventilation
- The wide, 3 inch brim will keep the sun out of your eyes
- UPF 50+ rating ensures sun protection
- Crushable and packable with the 1 inch self-band
||15. Sun Protection Zone Unisex Lightweight Adjustable Outdoor Booney Hat
I recommend at least looking at this hiking head gear because this might be the one that you would like. Among the best things that this has is the reasonable price. The top quality materials are also very good. If you wind up with an exceptionally fragile product, it’s advisable that you give it back as soon as possible. However you can avoid this by just listening to my suggestions. I am thankful for this great hat and timely delivery. The quality is evident in the materials, fit, and construction. You get what you pay for which is a good thing because this is amazing. I am still using this product a year later. I have tried lots of products in the past and I still really like this.
- Made of 100% Polyester.
- Approved by Melanoma International Foundation & American Melanoma Foundation
- New lightweight breathable fabric that provides maximum UVA and UVB protection
- This ultra-protective micro-fiber and mesh hat is approved by the Melanoma International Foundation and is perfect for boating, hiking or any outdoor activity.
FOR WINTER CHECK OUT THIS PAGE – WINTER HIKING HATS FOR MEN
Tips On Choosing An Outdoor Hat Or Hiking Hat
1. Style Of A Hiking Hat
The style or how the hiking hat looks on you is very important. I usually hike with 20+ people. I don’t want to be the weird guy that looks like he is protecting himself from nuclear radiation while everyone else just wants to have fun. As much as I hate to say it, we are influenced by social interaction. It is one of the reasons why style is very important. If I am hiking with my close friends and only 4 of us then I do not mind. I can wear the ugliest of ugliest of things. I can even look homeless. But if I am hiking with new people then the first impression is very important. There are plenty of fashionable and cool looking head gear for men and women that offers a lot of protection.
2. UV Protection
The UV protection of an outdoor sun hat is one of the main reasons why we buy one in the first place. The sun’s rays can damage the skin over time. It can cause skin diseases, spots and other unwanted skin defects. One of the best ways to protect our skin is with uv protection clothes such as an outdoor hat. There are also different levels of UPF in a clothing. They usually range from 30 to 65 from what I can tell. The higher the UPF protection the better. While it is true that we can use a sunscreen spray or lotion, they tend to disappear in time. I highly recommend clothing as a first line of defense against the sun instead of a spray or lotion.
3. Insect Protection Of An Outdoor Hat
While not a lot of people buy hiking or sun hats for insect protection, I tend to look at this feature also during the summer. Clothing is one of the best ways to protect ourselves from insects such as mosquitoes, ticks, flies, bees and etc. In the summer, there are a lot of mosquitoes that just wants to suck all of the blood out of you. These mosquitoes are not even scared of approaching us during the summer. They smell blood and they buzz around trying drink from us. One of the best ways that I can think of to deter these annoying bugs is with an outdoor hat. Most of the insects I encounter often buzz around my head. A hat can definitely make a difference. I also often use an insect repellent bracelet and attach it on my backpack to deter them.
4. Backpacking Hat Durability
We all want our hiking hats to be very durable. We can easily test the hat’s durability by crushing them with our bare hands. A hat that is very durable will fold back into place after being crushed. A hat that is not very durable will get destroyed or will have holes or torn up spots. We spend a good amount of money on items so we should get something durable that will last for a long time. We also need to remember that these hats are going to be used outdoors. They will go through a lot tests from the environment and weather. It is best that they are very durable or constructed with durable materials.
4. Comfort Of The Hiking Hat
One of the most important factors that we look for in a hat is how comfortable it is. There are a lot of head gear that are not comfortable. You need to keep in mind, you will be wearing a hat for the whole hiking trip which is often around 8 miles. Some of us hike multiple days or around 3-7 days. A hat that is not comfortable is just a useless item that gives us burdensome weight. Not to mention that we payed money for the item that we will not even use if it is uncomfortable.
5. Breathability Of An Outdoor Hat
There is no question that a lot of us are going to sweat while hiking or backpacking. The heat and exercise should be enough to make our body produce a lot of sweat to cool us off. Unfortunately, if the sun hat that you bought is not breathable, the sweat is going to accumulate inside the hat. It will smell bad and make your hair look like crap. We need to allow sweat to evaporate or be released rather than be trapped inside the clothing. Breathability of a piece of clothing is very important in hiking. It is the same for jackets. We all want sweat to be able to get released so that our clothes or ourselves do not smell.
* Some of the links on this page are affiliate links (mostly from Amazon) which help pay for ingredients, products, reviews and other expenses to keep this website alive.